In September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released data showing the states with the most and least welfare benefits.
In contrast, California was ranked second, and Alaska, which is a member of the union, was third.
Here are the top 10 states with and least.
* California, with a net welfare benefit of $2,068 per household, was ranked No. 1.
* Alaska, No. 7, was No. 2.
* Nebraska, No of 12, was at No. 5.
* North Dakota, No 10, was the lowest ranked state in terms of net welfare benefits per household.
* The bottom 10 states were ranked No of 10, No 12, No 20, No 24, No 26, No 28, and No 31.
Source: Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Census, U.S. Census Bureau.