The Stockport Welfare Service (SWS) will be closed down by the Department of Education, in a move that has come as a shock to thousands of people.
The decision was announced on Thursday evening and comes after weeks of turmoil and confusion following the announcement of the closing of the SWS.
It is the latest in a string of moves to dismantle social services in the South East.
Many residents and workers are still struggling to make ends meet, while businesses are struggling to stay open, and schools are facing crippling cuts.
Many have been left without the support they need, and the situation is dire.
Stockport Mayor Chris Williams said it was a difficult decision for the people of Stockport to make but it was an opportunity to create an environment that allows people to live in dignity and dignity, he said.
“Stockport has had a very difficult time, but we have had some very good times, and I think we have come a long way since then.
We will always be grateful to the people who have helped us get here, and it’s great that they are now getting the support and resources they need.”
The announcement came as a surprise to many people in Stockport, who have been waiting for the closure of the Sws for years.
One woman, who did not want to be named, said: “I thought the SWs had been open for 15 years, but now I think it’s closed down.
I think this is going to be devastating for some people.
It’s been 15 years and it has been absolutely devastating for me.”
The woman said that it was her job as a council employee to look after the residents of the area, and she was unable to do that.
She said that she had been working for the SWAs for 20 years, and had been a regular customer for years, adding: “We’re a good community, we’re a great community, but this has just been a horrible thing.”
It’s a terrible, terrible thing.
“I don’t understand why they are closing the SWP, and they’ve been there for 15 or 20 years.
They’re not going to just disappear overnight.”
Some residents said they were concerned about the impact the closure would have on their health.
One resident, who preferred to remain anonymous, said that they had been using the SWPS for their primary health care, but that it would be a long time before they were able to use it again.
“The SWS has been the backbone of our community for years and we’ve worked so hard to build it up and keep it running,” she said.
“But now it’s gone, and now we can’t access it, and people will be left out of pocket, and in the worst case scenario, they will have no health care for a long period of time.”
We’re very worried about what’s going to happen to our health.
Our health is really very precarious, it’s very, very bad, and there’s no way to really get to the top.
“Other residents are calling for the Government to intervene to save the SWSS.
Bruno said: “They’ve said this has been a good job, and to be honest, if I’m in a job and the money doesn’t come in, and all the money comes in and I have to close the SWNS and then go to another job and keep my SWS open, I think that’s wrong.
The Government should do something to save it.
“Stockport Council said the SWSW would be closed on Monday.
Anyone who is unable to access the SWSF by Monday, September 26, will be able to access it by calling the Stockport Community and Housing Agency (CCHA) on 0161 538 557.
People who cannot access the service should visit the SWSP website and make a donation of £15.50, by calling 0161 749 575.